- Enhances grip on all bars
- Special Features: Soft Padded Wrist, Grip Detailing along entire length of the Tail, High Durability Material
- Can assist you to achieve higher training workload and heavier sets
- Provides protection to your hands
Long Tail Lifting Straps are the most popular form of lifting straps within any gym. The easiest to use, the safest to use, and the most versatile among different lifts - the Long Tail (also often known as the “6” Straps) is something almost all gym goers have in their lifting bag.
What sets the MAK Exclusive Long Tail Lifting Straps apart from the rest - is the quality. These straps were made with absolutely no corners cut legends. We set out to bring you straps that will hold under even 400kg deadlifts, straps that hold rock solid grip even on the most slippery of commercial gym bars, and straps that are so soft and comfortable on your wrists you truly won’t want to take them off.
You’ll find our MAK straps are detailed along the tails with fine grip detail - for enhanced grip along the entire length of the tail. Not only does this grip the bar, but also grips the strap itself to prevent any slipping of your grip and your setup once you’re locked and loaded, ready to lift.
Also featured on our MAK Exclusive Long Tail Lifting Straps is an ultra-soft, high durability padding on the underside of the wrist of the tail. After too many years of gaining cuts, rashes and torn skin from scratchy straps, this was an essential feature requested by numbers of our MAK legends. You guys asked, we listened. Welcome to the most comfortable straps this world has seen.
Why would you use Long Tail Lifting Straps?
- You feel yourself losing grip in the gym
- You feel your ability to challenge yourself with heavier weights is limited by your grip strength
- You are hitting higher reps and struggle to hold onto the bar for longer sets
- You go to a gym where the bars are quite slippery
- You would like a little additional protection on your hands from calluses and ripped skin without compromising grip strength
- Long Tail straps are the SAFEST form of straps to use, especially when approaching new max lifts - with the ability to “just let go” upon failure
- You like the ability to vary the tightness of the strap around your wrist
What exercises would Long Tail Lifting Straps be helpful for?
We find that lifting straps are particularly beneficial for all kinds of “pulling exercises”. For example, this may include:
- Bent over Rows
- Seated Rows
- Lat Pulldowns
- Romanian Deadlifts
- Machine Rows
Can I use Long Tail Lifting Straps in competition?
Depending on the specific rules of the sport and federation you are lifting within, you may be able to use MAK Exclusive Long Tail Lifting Straps in a competition event. However, generally, we are aware that most powerlifting, weightlifting and crossfit events do not permit use of any lifting straps on competition days. However, Lifting Straps could be a highly advantageous tool to use in training for a competition day, to achieve higher training workload, and therefore increased natural strength levels.