In a Nutshell:
A delicious Warm Salad, the perfect afternoon treat for a great mixed macro meal.
- 1/2 bunch baby beetroot, washed & trimmed
- 1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 250g pumpkin, cut into 1.5 cm slices
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbs walnuts, roughly chopped
- 20g goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- salt & pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil, extra
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Prep time: 15mins
- Cook time: 30mins
- Serves: 2 people
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Wrap baby beetroot in foil and roast for approximately 20-30 minutes until tender. Remove from oven, and once cool enough to handle, peel the skins then cut into slices.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, add quinoa and stock and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer for around 8-10 minutes or until stock has absorbed. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork.
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan over medium-high heat, brush pumpkin slices with olive oil and grill 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked
- In a large bowl, toss quinoa with walnuts, goat cheese and parsley, and season with salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Gently fold in the beets and pumpkin and serve immediately.
Energy: 1437 kj
Fat (Total): 0g
Saturated Fat: 9g
Carbs (Total): 23g