In a Nutshell:
Mexican twist on a delicious Corn Fritter.
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbs quinoa flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 400g tin corn kernels, drained & rinsed and1/4 cup set aside
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 red capsicum, seeded and diced
- 50g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- 1/4 bunch coriander
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Serves: 2 person
- Blend cheese, egg, flour, baking powder and corn kernels (except ¼ cup) in a blender. Stir through onion, coriander and remainder of corn and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a non stick fry pan to warm and add oil. Spread a quarter of mixture in fry pan to form a corn cake, repeat three times, and gently cook corn cakes for about 3-4 minutes on each side (you may need to do in batches).
- Combine salsa ingredients, season with salt and pepper and divide between two plates.
- Add corn cakes, top with a few coriander sprigs to serve.
Energy: 1306 kj
Fat (Total): 12g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Carbs (Total): 29g