$0.58 / serve
L-Glutamine is non-essential and conditionally essential in humans, meaning the body can usually synthesize sufficient amounts of it, but in some instances of stress (such as intense exercise), the body’s demand for glutamine increases and glutamine must be obtained from the diet. In fact, glutamine is so important to the body, it is the most abundant amino acid found in the blood. L-Glutamine comes in both 500gm (100 serves) and 1kg (200 serves) sizes.
L-Glutamine Key Features
- Reduces muscle soreness after exercise (DOMS)
- Catabolic states, such as major trauma, sepsis, major surgery and bone marrow transplantation as well as intense chemotherapy and radiotherapy, are associated with low plasma levels of glutamine
- Reduced availability of glutamine in these conditions may lead to an impaired immune function because of a reduced capacity of immune cells to proliferate
- Glutamine is the respiratory fuel for the lymphocytes, hepatocytes and the mucosal cells of the gut
- Glutamine is one of the most important substrates for ammoniagenesis, not only in the gut, but also in the kidney, because of its important role in the regulation of acid-base homeostasis
L-Glutamine is best used before or directly after training. A dose of 5g is standard. For maximum benefits, expert nutritionists recommended consuming 5g, 1 - 3 times daily, once in the morning, pre and post workout and before bed. L-Glutamine is esily mixed with water, juice and other supplements.
Is this product vegan?
Yes, this product contains no animal-products or GMO, and is 100% suitable for a vegan lifestyle.
Is this product gluten-free?
This product is approved and tested to be 100% gluten free!
Is this product safe for use during pregnancy?
While this product has demonstrated no adverse effects or conditions for those who use during a pregnancy, we recommend discontinuing use for the duration of pregnancy to ensure safety. For more information, consult a medical professional.
Does this product contain any banned substances?
No, this product has been tested and confirmed to contain no banned substances. However, we advise that the list of banned substances as noted by the Australian Regulatory Board, ASADA, changes very frequently. For utmost assurance, please consult the ASADA Supplement Checker or contact the MAK Crew.
We recommend a serving size of 1 heaped scoop (5g). To mix, combine with water, or simply add to pre or post workout drinks. This product is most effectively used by the body when taken before or directly after a workout. However, for maximum results and benefits, this product can be taken up to 3 times per day (one serving per use). Ideal timing in this case would be before breakfast, pre-workout and before bed.