In a Nutshell:
A delicious nacho alternative. Great afternoon snack or alternate dinner option for vegans.
- 1 x 25g corn tortilla (or mountain bread)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 400g tin kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 bunch coriander leaves, chopped
- salt & pepper, to season
- 1/3 avocado
- 60g feta
- 1/2 lemon
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Serves: 2 person
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cut tortilla into triangles and bake on a tray for 5 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, heat oil a frypan over medium heat and saute onion, capsicum and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and kidney beans and ½ cup water and simmer on low for 10 minutes, until reduced. Stir in half the coriander and adjust seasoning.
- Mash avocado, feta and a squeeze of lemon in a bowl. Stir through remaining coriander and adjust seasoning.
- Serve guacamole and warm beans with crisp bread.
Energy: 1788 kj
Fat (Total): 19g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Carbs (Total): 33g