Salted Caramel Protein Balls are our newest favourite of our athlete’s creations - so quick, so easy, so simple, and SO DELICIOUS. If the name alone didn’t make you drool, we promise one whiff of these guys when they’re made up will have you struggling to keep your hands off them!
What we love most about protein balls is just how convenient they are. The ingredients are simple and easy to find (no expensive health food stores required!), and it takes no more than mix, roll, and go to make them!
Salted Caramel Protein Balls are the perfect snack - whether it be in your office drawer for the mid-day cravings, a pre-workout snack, a healthy on-the-go fix or just a decadent kick when your body wants a little sweetness. With the added Power Plant Protein from PRANA ON - these Protein Balls are also the perfect macros for any health and fitness fanatic - helping to make sure your diet helps you achieve your health goals, rather than set you back from them.
These Salted Caramel Protein Balls are 100% vegan friendly, lactose free, gluten-free (when made with gluten free oats) and free from added sugar and preservatives too! They’re as healthy and as raw as they get - and about as tasty as they get too! That makes them absolutely perfect for all lifestyles, allergens and dietary requirements - perfect for all fitness friends and fussy family members.
Recipe created by MAK Athlete Dana Maternick!
- 1 Scoop Power Plant Protein by PRANA ON, Himilayan Salted Caramel Flavour
- 1/4 Cup Dates + 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter (try and get the natural alternatives!)
- 1 Cup Quick Oats
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 Pinch of Himilayan Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- Dash of water (as needed to achieve desired consistency)
Optional: Dark Cooking Chocolate Chips (To use as drizzle)
- Microwave dates and water for 1 min. Remove from microwave and mash with a fork until a smooth paste.
- Mix in peanut butter until well incorporated (the heat from the date paste should help with this!)
- In a separate bowl, combine protein, oats, cinnamon, pink salt, and chia and mix well.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and combine thoroughly!
- Roll into little balls (We found this batch made 8!)
- Melt Dark Chocolate Chips in the microwave, and use a spoon to drizzle over each ball!
Tips & Tricks
We made Salted Caramel Protein Balls - but don’t let your creativity stop you there! Power Plant Protein from PRANA ON comes in a huge variety of flavours - so feel free to use another and experiment!
You can also try adding your own mix ins - different kinds of fruit or nuts to make your Protein Balls more interesting! Give it a go!
Be sure to tag us (@makfitness) in your creations! We can’t wait to see legends! Happy Baking 😋
Check out Dana’s Instagram page for more recipes and fitness advice like