Sweet and juicy mango, tropical toasted coconut, creamy vanilla protein, and filling toasted oats. All baked together, into a fluffy creamy bake of ready-to-go goodness. Sweet as a cake, filling as a granola bar, and healthy as it can get. We are definitely in love with this one.
This is one of the yummiest and easiest breakfast and snack recipes we know. If you struggle getting out of bed in the cold mornings, are forever in a rush to get out of the house and never have time to make breakfast, struggle to find a consistency of oats that you actually ENJOY or are simply for something fun, new and refreshing to try: You’re found your recipe match!
Featuring: Gold Standard 100% Whey by Optimum Nutrition
Recipe created by Legend, Vanessa Genevieve!
What’s AMAZING about this Mango & Coconut Baked Protein Oats Recipe:
- Warm and comforting: perfect winter wake-up
- Perfect for meal prepping: makes 8 serves at once
- High Protein
- Super versatile: add all your fav toppings and flavours
- Absolutely no added sugars
- Only 5 minutes preparation time: it bakes while you cook!
- VERY little washing up
- SUPER YUMMY!
Makes 8 serves (Perfect for meal prepping!)
Nutritional content per serve
P 16g | C 26g | F 10g
- 194g (2 cups) Traditional rolled oats
- 3 scoops of Gold Standard 100% Whey (Vanilla Ice Cream Flavour)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup stevia
- 250g frozen mango⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tbsp coconut oil⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2.5 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat oven at 180C and grease a large baking dish. Line your baking dish with baking paper too - I totally forgot so cleaning was a pain!
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and place into the greased baking dish.
- Reserve about half the mango pieces to scatter on top. Then whisk all the remaining wet ingredients together until well combined and pour into the tray on top of the dry ingredients.
- Gently swirl around a little to combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Scatter the rest of the mango pieces on top and then sprinkle the coconut and sugar.
- Bake at 180C for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool before slicing into 8 pieces.
Making it your own
Add whatever toppings you may like to your baked protein oats! There are a million fun ways to boost up the protein content and make these taste even BETTER! The MAK Crew are huge fans of a slice of Baked Oats every morning for brekky, served with 150g of plain Greek yoghurt for added protein to keep us fuelled for the rest of the day - sooo yummmm!
We also recommend trying topping with some Macro Mike PB+ Powdered Peanut Butter (for some nutty goodness of course).
Plus, of course, you have to have checked out the incredible flavour range of Gold Standard 100% Whey from Optimum Nutrition yet? There is a HUGE range, and so much potential to make some different drool-worthy creations with this Mango & Coconut Baked Protein Oats recipe.
The Gold Standard 100% Whey flavour range includes:
Vanilla Cream - A smooth creamy vanilla delight, soft and tasteful.
Delicious Strawberry - Sweet, strawberry milkshake.
Double Rich Chocolate - A rich dairy chocolate taste, no over-powering artificial aftertaste.
Cookies & Cream - Very familiar cookies in a milky mixture, what makes this flavour so unique is the tiny crumbles in each mouthful.
Extreme Milk Chocolate - A slightly sweeter, milkier tasting chocolate.
Banana Cream - Just like a banana smoothie from the cafe, creamy and smooth, sweet and refreshing.
Be sure to tag us (@makfitness) in your creations! We can’t wait to see legends! Happy Baking 😋
Check out Vanessa’s Instagram page for more recipes and fitness advice like this!