MACRO-FRIENDLY PROTEIN BANANA BREAD! This is an absolute staple recipe and one that we think absolutely everyone needs within their recipe lists and one that every fitness fanatic deserves to know about.
As Vanessa, our amazing and very talented recipe creator of this one says, “It’s time to get your bake on! What else do you do in isolation other than iso-bake? Also, judging by all the banana bread photos in my feed, the sure way to iso-bake is to make banana bread!”. If you’ve never had time to bake before, now is 100% the time to get your culinary skills down pat and banging so you can enjoy a meal prep that tastes next-level every day for the rest of your life.
And we promise, this Macro Friendly Protein Banana Bread recipe is well and truly worth your time trying. Moist, light and fluffy, with the perfect density to be as comforting as a non-healthy Banana Bread. And yet, this edition packs a full 4 total scoops of Gold Standard 100% Whey protein in - leaving 14g of protein in every serve! When it comes to the snacking game, it really doesn’t get much healthier, much tastier nor much easier!
What’s AMAZING about this Macro-Friendly Protein Banana Bread Recipe:
- Banana Bread AND Frosting Recipe Included
- Super High Protein
- Moist and Fluffy (and maybe even the best banana bread you’ve ever had)
- No Added Sugars
- Makes 10 Serves: So perfect for meal prepping
- No weird, unknown and hard-to-find ingredients
Featuring: Gold Standard 100% Whey by Optimum Nutrition
Recipe created by Legend, Vanessa Genevieve!
Makes 10 Servings (So perfect for meal-prepping or feeding a hungry family!
P 11g | C 23g | F 9g⠀⠀⠀⠀
Bread with frosting:
P 14g | C 27g | F 12g
- 88g (3/4 cup) coconut flour
- 3 scoops of Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein (Vanilla Ice Cream flavour)
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp group nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder⠀
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence⠀⠀⠀
- 200g light ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 scoop Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein (Vanilla Ice Cream flavour)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 25g pecans, roughly chopped
To Bake Your Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 165C. Meanwhile, mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients together until all combined.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Then, pour into a loaf tin lined with baking paper and bake at 165C for ~55 minutes.
- Check every 20mins or so and cover with aluminium foil if the top is browning too much. Remove from the oven when a skewer comes out clean, and rest in the loaf pan for ~15mins.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let it cool completely - or slice up and enjoy it nice and warm!
To Create The Frosting
For the frosting, mix everything together in a bowl and spread onto the banana bread. You will have to wait until the banana bread is completely cooled down first. Then sprinkle the toppings over the top - ENJOY!
Making it your own
The frosting and toppings on this cake absolutely MAKES IT! We love getting extra creative with these, creating new flavours and new crunchy add ons to take our Banana Bread to a whole new level.
We also recommend trying some mix ins of your choosing too! Think sugar-free choc chips, nuts, fruit - you name it!
Have you checked out the incredible flavour range of Gold Standard 100% Whey from Optimum Nutrition yet? There is a HUGE range, and so much potential to make some different drool-worthy creations with this Macro-Friendly Protein Banana Bread recipe!
The Gold Standard 100% Whey flavour range includes:
Vanilla Cream - A smooth creamy vanilla delight, soft and tasteful.
Delicious Strawberry - Sweet, strawberry milkshake.
Double Rich Chocolate - A rich dairy chocolate taste, no over-powering artificial aftertaste.
Cookies & Cream - Very familiar cookies in a milky mixture, what makes this flavour so unique is the tiny crumbles in each mouthful.
Extreme Milk Chocolate - A slightly sweeter, milkier tasting chocolate.
Banana Cream - Just like a banana smoothie from the cafe, creamy and smooth, sweet and refreshing.
Be sure to tag us (@makfitness) in your creations! We can’t wait to see legends! Happy Baking 😋
Check out Vanessa’s Instagram page for more recipes and fitness advice like this!
Check out other Protein supplements