It’s been a tough little time for the world as late. And if there are two mottos we live by, it’s:
- Fun and Treats make every day better, and
- There is always fresh new ways to make fun, healthy too!
And we think this incredible recipe for SALTED CARAMEL PROTEIN MAGNUMS is the perfect embodiment of both of those mottos. Fun to make, fresh and healthy for your body, and sweet and decedent enough to give you the “treat-yo-self” vibes you deserve after everything going on.
Made with Macro Mike’s Plant-Based Protein+, these magnum-style ice cream treats are made higher protein, MUCH lower sugar, and also vegan-friendly! (Depending on what kind of chocolate you use). The ingredients list may not be SUPER short - but it is super fun, and you can make these ones in a bulk batch to save yourself some goodness for later!
What’s AMAZING about this Salted Caramel Protein Magnums Recipe:
- Some of the highest protein ice-cream treats we have seen to date!
- Vegan Friendly, Plant-based, Lactose-free and Gluten-free (everyone friendly)
- Super creamy and smooth
- Perfect balance between sweetness and creaminess
- Includes firm and crunchy coating!
- Second-to-none Salted Caramel flavour
For the Ice-Cream:
▪︎½ cup cashews⠀
▪︎½ cup chilled coconut cream⠀
▪︎¼ cup maple syrup⠀
▪︎1 tsp maca powder
▪︎1 scoop Plant-Based Protein+ - Hawaiian Salted Vanilla Protein
▪︎¼ cup natural coconut yoghurt⠀
▪︎1 tsp Vanilla Essence⠀
▪︎200g dark chocolate (to coat)
For the Caramel Coating
▪︎½ cup dates (soaked and pitted)⠀
▪︎Pinch of salt⠀
▪︎½ tsp vanilla⠀
▪︎¼ cup coconut cream⠀
▪︎3 tbs Peanut butter or almond butter (You could use a thick mix of PB+ for reduced fat!)
▪︎1 tbs melted coconut oil⠀
Makes 4-5 Ice Cream’s⠀
1. Add all your ice-cream ingredients to a food processor and blend until the mixture is smooth and free of lumps.⠀
2. Pour into your silicone ice cream moulds making sure you leave enough room to include your second layer (3/4 full). Insert your popsicle sticks and place in the freezer to set for 1-2 hours.⠀
3. Add all your caramel ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Remove your pops and spread the caramel across the ice-cream layer, making sure it reaches the top and sides of the mould⠀
4. Place back in the freezer to set for 1-2 hours until the caramel has hardened up.⠀
5. Once set, melt your chocolate over low heat until the chocolate is smooth, runny and glossy. Remove the ice creams from the freezer and dip into the chocolate one by one. (I like to spoon the chocolate over the ice-creams over a bowl). Repeat the process until all are fully coated in chocolate. Garnish with extra peanuts straight away and put back in the freezer to set.⠀
6. Allow defrosting for at least 5 minutes before eating!⠀
Making it your own
Have you checked out the incredible flavour range of Plant-Based Protein+ from Macro Mike yet? There is a HUGE range, and so much potential to make some different drool-worthy creations with this Salted Caramel Protein Magnums recipe!
The Plant-Based Protein+ flavour range includes:
- Original Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Cookie Dough Peanut Butter
- Peanut Butter Cheezecake
- Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter
- Strawberry Jam Donut
- Snickerdoodle Cookie
- Chocolate Hazelnut
- Bangin' Banoffee Pie
- Hawaiian Salted Vanilla
Be sure to tag us (@makfitness) in your creations! We can’t wait to see legends! Happy Baking 😋