In a Nutshell:
Carrot Muffin Snacks, easy to make, deliciously bake.
Ingredients:11/2 cups Spelt flour (or gluten-free if needed)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 medium carrots, finely grated
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- 3 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 3 tsp sunflower seeds
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Serves: 12 person
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Place dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine.
- Place eggs, yoghurt and vanilla in a small mixing bowl, mix well, until smooth. Add syrup and butter and combine.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and mix well to combine. Add carrot and gently fold through the mixture.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffins trays.
- Place seeds in a small bowl and combine. Sprinkle seeds over muffins and place muffins into the oven to bake for 20 minutes, until cooked through. Insert a skewer, if it comes out clean the muffins are cooked.
- Cool muffins in the tray for a few minutes before removing and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Energy: 867 kj
Fat (Total): 13g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Carbs (Total): 16g