Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Date Caramel Sauce, Crunchy Salty Peanuts on top and bonus decadent brownie pieces. Are you in heaven yet? You really should be! This 4-Layered Snickers Cake literally is heaven on earth! We have fallen well and truly, head-over-heels in love with this one.
In our minds, peanut butter is one of the world’s best things. So when Macro Mike, a brand who came out literally with a focus on protein that tasted like peanut butter, came to Australia - we got pretty damn excited. And it’s from that range that epic recipes and creations like this came to be. Super rich, super sweet, super creamy and FULL of nutty goodness: yet still healthy!
This 4-Layered Snickers Cake, believe it or not, is also created to be vegan-friendly. Using the Macro Mike Plant-Based Protein+ for added protein to support your health and fitness goals, no-added-sugar and organic ingredients all round, and everything plant-based - you can rest assured that this cake is one your body will actually love you for, for once. Enjoy!
What’s AMAZING about this 4-Layered Healthy Snickers Cake Recipe:
- Perfect fix for your sweet tooth
- High Protein! With a full scoop of added protein!
- Super rich and decadent: the perfect indulgence or healthy dessert
- Combines our 3 favour foods EVER: Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Caramel Sauce
- Plant-Based & Vegan-Friendly
- Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free & Refined Sugar Free
- Quick and easy to make!
Featuring: Plant-Based Protein+ by Macro Mike
Recipe created by Legend, Sammy Beasley!
Layer 1 - Base:
· 1 cup oat flour⠀
· ⅓ cup Peanut Butter (You could use a thick mix of PB+ for reduced fat!)
· 2 tbs sugar-free maple syrup⠀
· A few tbs water⠀
Layer 2 - Cream filling
· 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 4-6 hours⠀
· ½ cup full-fat coconut milk⠀
· 4 tbs coconut oil, melted⠀
· 3 TBS maple syrup⠀
· 1 tsp vanilla extract⠀
· 1 scoop Plant-Based Protein+ - PB Cheesecake Flavour⠀
Layer 3 - Caramel
· ¾ cup chilled coconut milk, chilled⠀
· ½ cup peanut butter⠀
· ¾ cup dates⠀
· Pinch of salt⠀
· 1 tsp maca powder⠀
· ½ tsp vanilla extract⠀
· ¾ cup peanuts (unsalted)⠀
Layer 4 - Chocolate Topping:⠀
· 200g vegan dark chocolate⠀
1. Lightly grease and line a 20cm round cake tin with parchment paper.⠀
2. For the base, place the oats into a food processor, add in the peanut butter and maple syrup and blend with a few TBS of water if required until you have a crumbly-sticky dough. Place the dough into the cake tin and press down evenly, freeze.
3. Place all cream filling ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture over the base, even out, then place back into the freezer for 30 mins.⠀
4. For the caramel, place all the ingredients (except for the peanuts) into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Sprinkle half of the peanut halves over the cream layer, then pour the caramel on top and sprinkle the remaining peanuts on top. Even out the layer and place back into the freezer.⠀
5. Melt the chocolate in a small saucepan on a low heat and once fully melted, pour the chocolate over the caramel layer and place back in the freezer to set for 4-6 hours.⠀
6. Top with a drizzle of extra date caramel, peanuts and whatever you want!
Making it your own
Have you checked out the incredible flavour range of Plant-Based Protein+ from Macro Mike yet? There is a HUGE range, and so much potential to make some different drool-worthy creations with this 4-Layered Healthy Snickers Cake recipe!
The Plant-Based Protein+ flavour range includes:
- Original Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Peanut Butter
- Cookie Dough Peanut Butter
- Peanut Butter Cheezecake
- Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter
- Strawberry Jam Donut
- Snickerdoodle Cookie
- Chocolate Hazelnut
- Bangin' Banoffee Pie
- Hawaiian Salted Vanilla
Be sure to tag us (@makfitness) in your creations! We can’t wait to see legends! Happy Baking 😋