Outraged by the price of an açai bowl at your local spot? Struggling to get you 2 & 5 in from day to day? Little over binging the ice cream just because you wanted something cold to eat? Ready to take your brekky bowl game to a whole new level in 2020?
Here’s your answer to all 4 here in one hit. Meet the Choc Blueberry Smoothie Bowl!
This DELICIOUS Smoothie Bowl really hits the spot, we promise. And we don’t just mean with your tastebuds when we say that. This Choc Blueberry Smoothie Bowl is spiked with our favourite plant-based vegan protein - Plant Based Protein+ by Macro Mike. Therefore, not only does this smoothie bowl taste the goods, but it provides the goods to your working muscles and body too! With a high protein content, your smoothie bowl game just went a cut above in helping you to achieve your fitness goals!
Recipe created by MAK Athlete Monica Huddleston!
- 2 Tablespoons Plant Based Protein+ by Macro Mike
- 6-8 ice cubes
- 100g pumpkin steamed and frozen
- 100g zucchini steamed and frozen
- 1/2c frozen strawberries
- 1/2c frozen blueberries
- 2TBSP @macr0mike Protein powder (salted vanilla, PB cheezecake + snickerdoodle are my favourite)
- 2TBSP coconut yoghurt (or yoghurt of choice)
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
This one’s nice and simple! Get Ready for it.
- Add everything to a blender and blend until smooth. You may have to stop and scrape down the sides to make sure everything is broken down completely.
- Pour mixture into a bowl, top with your favourite toppings, and your Choc Blueberry Smoothie Bowl is ready to go!
Tips & Tricks
What flavour of Macro Mike Plant Based Protein+ to use? Completely up to you legend! Our personal favs and recommendations of Plant Based Protein+ for this recipe are the Hawaiian Salted Vanilla, Peanut Butter Cheezecake and Snickerdoodle flavours. However, we recommend you check out the HUGE flavour variety available in the Plant Based Protein+ range and pick your own favourite!
What toppings to add? Also completely up to you legend! Featured in this picture you will see Monica’s Choc Blueberry Smoothie Bowl topped with more frozen blueberries and some frozen raspberries + her homemade puffed protein granola (check out Monica’s page for this one!). However, we’ve also seen some wonders done with the Paleo Hero Muesli range, with all kinds of fruit, and with all kinds of nuts and seeds too! Get creative!
Be sure to tag us (@makfitness) in your creations! We can’t wait to see legends! Happy Baking 😋
Check out Monica’s Instagram page for more recipes and fitness advice like this!