Protein pancakes were probably the first recipe I learned to make using protein powder. They're an absolute staple to many in the fitness industry - a way to make healthy eating just as fun and enjoyable as ever. I have been using EHPlabs OxyWhey Protein for around two years. Let me say.. the first few pancake recipes certainly did not turn out the best but I was determined to make the perfect pancakes. I have altered ingredients, swapped ingredients out, and changed to the OxyWhey protein as a primary ingredient and think I have finally nailed it.
For me, personally, I like to have this as my post-workout meal which is usually in the morning. OxyWhey contains 24g of protein per serve making protein pancakes a filling and delicious breakfast to start the day. Not only is it filled with protein but it contains BCAAS, digestive enzymes and assists with lean muscle growth.
You can use absolutely any flavour of OxyWhey to make your pancakes - and believe me, OxyWhey does come in HUGE variety (the hardest part is always picking which one to order). Chocolate is by far my favourite flavour, I mean its chocolate.. how can you go wrong? I have never been one to have a protein shake so to have a form of protein that is so easy to cook with is amazing.
Here’s my version of the best protein pancakes known to the fitness world - light, fluffy, tasty, and beautifully easy! Featuring OxyWhey for a decadent chocolatey creation!
Recipe created by MAK Athlete Chloe Reppel!
Topping Suggestions: (See Below for more options!)
- Queens sugar-free maple syrup
- Mixed berries ( heated in the microwave)
- Nuttvia hazelnut spread
- Blend all ingredients together
- Heat medium-sized non-stick pan over a medium heat.
- Pour pancake batter onto pan to desired size (we recommend about the size of the lid to your OxyWhey tub!)
- Wait until bubbles emerge on the surface of the pancake, then use a flat silicone flipper to turn pancake and cook for an even amount on the alternate side.
- When looking golden brown and risen to a fluffy consistency, remove from pan and repeat with remaining batter.
- Pile your protein pancakes onto your plate, top with all your favourite toppings, and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
What flavour of OxyWhey to use? Completely up to you legend! Our personal favs and recommendations of OxyWhey for this recipe are the Delicious Chocolate, Vanilla Ice Cream and Mocha flavours. However, we recommend you check out the HUGE flavour variety available in the OxyWhey range and pick your own favourite!
What toppings to add? Also completely up to you legend! Featured in this picture you will see Chloe’s amazing protein pancakes topped with heated frozen berries, maple syrup, and hazelnut spread. However, we’ve seen some wonderful creations done with all kinds of toppings! If you aren’t already a die-hard fan, be sure to check out the Powdered PB+ from Macro Mike - the easiest and healthiest peanut butter you’ll ever get your hands on!
Be sure to tag us (@makfitness) in your creations! We can’t wait to see legends! Happy Baking 😋
Check out Chloe’s Instagram page for more recipes and fitness advice like this!