In a Nutshell:
An amazing Fried Rice with a twist, try this vegan friendly Cauliflower Fried Rice.
- 250g firm tofu, cut in 1cm cubes
- 2 tbs tamari
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbs roughly chopped peanuts
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- 1/2 lemon
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Serves: 2 person
- Place tofu and tamari in a freezer bag and set aside in a bowl to marinate, turning regularly.
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice. Set aside.
- Heat a large fry pan over medium heat, add oil and eggs, tipping to cover base of pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until just set. Remove from pan, roll up and thinly slice.
- Add carrot and capsicum to pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Squeeze all moisture out of cauliflower in a clean teatowel, add to pan with ginger and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add peas, tofu and tamari and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- Divide ‘rice’ between bowls and top with egg, spring onions, nuts and chilli (if using) and
squeeze over lemon juice to serve.
Energy: 1846 kj
Fat (Total): 13g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Carbs (Total): 23g