In a Nutshell:
Chickpea Fritters With Spinach, a delicious vegan-friendly dish.
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 100g baby spinach leaves,1/2 roughly chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 11/2 tbs cornflour
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Greek yoghurt
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Serves: 2 person
- Combine half of the chickpeas, egg, chopped spinach, onion, flour, garlic, cumin, salt & pepper in a food processor and blend to form a paste. Stir in remaining chickpeas.
- Make fritters with 2 tbs of batter each, and flatten into patties.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbs of oil in a frypan and cook fritters a few minutes on each side, until golden.
- Toss spinach with peas, lemon juice and remaining oil, season with salt and pepper. Serve with fritters and yoghurt.
Energy: 1944 kj
Fat (Total): 28g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Carbs (Total): 30g