Mocha Almond Protein Balls: Super High-Protein, Plant-Based and OH SO SNACKABLE
Featuring: Plant-Based Protein+ by Macro Mike
Recipe created by Legend, Sammy Beasley!
This one is for the MOCHA fans! If you're anything like us, you'd agree that the combination of coffee and chocolate is an absolute match made in heaven. A little bittersweet, a little different, a little energising and a little extra indulgent - all at the same time.
Protein Balls are one recipe we feel should be an every-week staple for everyone. Whether it's healthy snacking, fuelling your workout, or satisfying your sweet tooth - they're the perfect go-to. We're talking quick & easy to make, well-storing in the fridge (and freezer!), and beautifully convenient to enjoy on the go, at any time of the day.
This recipe creates around 8-12 decadent and delicious protein balls - with absolutely no baking or freezing required! They're smooth and rich: so much so that it's hard to tell these guys are actually healthy! Think chocolate fudge style texture, with and a perfected mocha taste. Absolutely bliss!
And best of all, its completely customisable! Add whatever mix-ins for flavour, and whatever flavour (or even brand) or protein powder you would like, depending entirely on what your taste buds desire. Made with Macro Mike Plant-Based Protein+, this recipe is 100% natural, plant-based and gluten-free. So no matter what your allergens and requirements: we've got you!
What’s AMAZING about this Mocha Almond Protein Balls Recipe:
- Short Ingredients List & Easy to find ingredients!
- Plant-Based & Vegan-Friendly
- No Baking Required
- Minimal Washing Up
- Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free & Refined Sugar-Free
- Makes 8-12 Balls (Call this meal prep!)
- 30mins from start to finish!
- ¼ cup almonds
2 scoops of Plant-Based Protein+ (We've used Chocolate Hazelnut Flavour. See notes below if wanting to use alternate proteins!)
1 cup dates – pitted, soaked
1tbsp peanut butter
2-3 sachets/tablespoons Instant Coffee dissolved in ¼ cup water (We recommend BeforeYouSpeak Coffee)
2 tablespoons cocao powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
Extra water if required.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until combined, adding a little extra water if required until the mixture comes together to form a ball.
- Remove all mixture from food processor, and using a teaspoon, scoop the mixture and shape into balls to create a firmly packed ball. The mixture should shape easily when you try and form the balls. We usually find this makes 8 regular sized protein balls but you can make these smaller - into 12 balls instead.
- While the balls are now made and finished, here is where all the fun starts! Go ahead and coat them to make them your own! In the picture, we’ve used Melted Lindt Dark chocolate and chopped almonds to top (for that extra chocolate goodness and perfect crunch). 🤗
Keep in mind, while we've used Macro Mike Plant-Based Protein+ as our protein of choice to keep these protein balls plant-based and super yummy (Macro Mike flavours ARE next level) - you can really use any protein you like! Whey Proteins work just as well with this recipe!
Making Your Protein Balls Your Own
Have you checked out the incredible flavour range of Plant-Based Protein+ from Macro Mike yet? There is a HUGE range, and so much potential to make some different drool-worthy creations with this protein ball recipe!
The Plant-Based Protein+ range includes:
Original Peanut Butter
Chocolate Peanut Butter
Cookie Dough Peanut Butter
Peanut Butter Cheezecake
Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter
Strawberry Jam Donut
Bangin' Banoffee Pie
Hawaiian Salted Vanilla
Be sure to tag us (@makfitness) in your creations! We can’t wait to see legends! Happy Baking 😋
Check out Sam’s Instagram page for more recipes and fitness advice like this!