Infrared Review - ATP Science
A MAK-Honest Review of Infrared
Supplement Type: Pre-Workout
InfraRed is used as a stimulant free pre-workout and intra-workout fuel or post-workout reload. ATP InfraRed contains high quality synergistic amino acids and electrolytes combined with Schisandra berries in a beetroot extract base. InfraRed contains approximately 26g of carbohydrate per serve to fuel activity.
InfraRed is a “non stim” pre-workout. It contains quality ingredients in effective concentrations that support genuine cellular energy production that you can feel, without the need for caffeine and stimulants.
When to take Infrared?
- As a pre-workout: One serve in water before training or competing.
- As an intra-workout: One or more serves diluted in water to be consumed during training or an event.
- As a post-workout for electrolyte and carb replenishment: Mix one or two serves in water and consume within 20 minutes after training or competing.
- Post-weigh in for fighters: add one scoop per 2 cups of water and consume.
- Pre-WOD: One serve added to water and consumed at least ½ hour before WOD.
- CrossFit events: One serve in water consumed half hour before heat. Use half serve before and after each consecutive heat throughout the day.
How does Infrared work? Pros?
InfraRed is the result of thousands of hours of research, clinical and university studies on the properties of key performance enhancing botanicals, amino acids and electrolytes. It provides athletes with more than the result of that key ingredient research because when their properties are combined, the synergy will help athletes to gain superior results and to achieve their “personal best” performance.
- Go harder for longer with less pain
- Improve power
- Improve endurance
- Enhance vasodilation of peripheral vasculature to enhance blood flow to your muscles and brain
Enhance stamina and endurance and delay onset of fatigue and weakness by:
- Enhancing genuine energy production
- Buffering metabolic waste
- Reducing the production of metabolic waste
- Enhancing intramuscular antioxidants and acidity buffers
- Supplement, support, restore and maintain electrolyte balance for ideal intracellular: extracellular water ratio.
Quick Answers to Common Questions
Is InfraRed just a pre-workout or can it be used as a intra-workout as well?
Yes. You can use the Infrared prior, during or post training. We recommend on competition days to sip on it continuously throughout the day.
Why the Maltodextrin and Dextrose combo in Infrared?
- Predictable. When working with all types of athletes to make a performance product you don’t want surprises.
- Consistency. So highly processed and refined and made in such bulk that once you find a good supplier (non-GMO etc.) then each batch is exactly the same and when you consume it it will work exactly the same from batch to batch.
- This can’t be said for a lot of new carbohydrate concepts from around the world that are still in the innovative stage and can vary from batch to batch.
ATP Science Carb Blend (Dextrose, High Molecular Weight Rice Amylopectin, Honey Powder, Beta Vulgaris (Beetroot) Powder, Maltodextrin), Citrulline Malate, Beta Alanine, ATP Science Electrolyte Blend (Magnesium L-Aspartate, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Creatinol-O-Phosphate, Malic Acid, Schisandra Berry extract, Betaine Anyhydrous (Trimethyglycine), Stevia
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I've never found a pre-trainer that I've ever "enjoyed". They all have some weird underlying flavor or texture that makes me want to gag. Figured I would give this one a go because I've found atp science products actually work the way I expect them to.
Infrared gives me an energy boost that makes it much easier to smash out my goals, without making me twitch like a cracked out fairy wren.
It tastes like an "alternative medicine" store smells, and leaves a sandy substance at the bottom of your bottle. Doesn't make me want to vomit though, so I can cannonball it like a jager bomb without hastle.
5/5 for function